Event Market Manager, NYC
TechniArt Incorporated seeks an upbeat, personable, and dynamic event manager to serve as our greater New York City region market manager. Market managers oversee all facets of a localized pop-up retail operation intended to help a utility or efficiency program promote energy efficient products to their customers. These events are high-energy, promotional, and held in a variety of settings (e.g. office parks/buildings, municipal offices, hospitals, etc.) where people can learn about energy-efficient products and purchase them at discount. They are also often a forum for prospective customers to learn more about available incentives and clean energy programs available to them.
Our ideal candidate will be highly motivated and enthusiastic about helping TechniArt establish pop-up retail operations in NYC. They will feel comfortable handling all aspects of account and event management, which includes logistics and planning, inventory management, fulfillment, staffing, marketing & promotions, reporting, and other similar tasks.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Experience in either retail sales, event management, or energy efficiency programs
- Enthusiasm for customer relations and relationship building
- Outstanding communication skills and a high degree of professionalism while representing clients
- Experience supporting a team and/or managing a direct report
- Experience in client and account relations
- Exceptional time management, forecasting, planning and problem-solving skills
- Background in event staffing and management, experiential marketing (e.g. brand ambassador), booking events or cold calling is a plus
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. (products and event set up and take down)
- Travel is required to all boroughs and Westchester. A CLEAN driving record and valid driver’s license is mandatory. Reliable transportation is helpful; however, public transportation may be used for events within NYC and vehicle rental may be necessary for some events if you don’t have your own car.
- Experience in the energy, sustainability, or environmental management fields, a plus
- Will vary based upon the event schedule and demand for travel due to location of events
- Willingness to travel throughout New York City and Westchester County
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend events and travel overnight(s) in order to execute events as dictated by schedule/location
- $60,000 salary
- Company sponsored health insurance
- PTO and holidays
If you’re ready for a position that will launch you into a career in sustainability or clean energy, please email your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.